The Lives and Times of Two Awesome Kids

Monday, November 5, 2007

Just a Quick Post

I have about a million stories and a million photos to share but with only 15 minutes until the bedtime of two certain babies, I will have to resort to a short but sweet post.

Conference - Emma is doing so well in school. The teacher said she is an above average student and a "love". He gave us a list of 2nd grade spelling words for Emma to start studying since she consistently gets 10/10 on her spelling tests. Again, I have to say that I adore Emma's teacher and I am so glad that she got placed in his class this year!

Halloween - After 3 years Emma finally retired the old skeleton costume... by passing it on to Oliver! He was a very scary "skeleton bones" and I made Emma a mummy costume with a pair of white sweats and strips of torn bedsheet stained with tea. Pictures will come soon! The weather was wonderful for the first time in years and the kids got some serious trick-or-treating time in this year. They both have big bags of candy to show for it!

I took Oliver to Emma's classroom Halloween party and the teacher had all the students (and little brothers and sisters) quietly sitting on the floor in their costumes and he said that everyone would come up to the front one at a time and tell the class who they were. Oliver immediately shot his hand up in the air and yelled, "I'm Oliver!" at the top of his lungs. Needless to say, he and Emma got to come to the front of the classroom and talk about their costumes first!

Doctor Visit - Today I took both kids to the doctor. Both of them are healthy and growing right on schedule! Emma is 44 inches tall and 40 pounds and Oliver is 40 inches tall and also weighs 40 pounds! Emma is in the 25th percentile for height and weight and Oliver is in the 90th.

Time to get these babies in bed. I will try to post photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Contributors